The rating of the largest lakes in the world according to size. The rating is based on the area occupied by the lake.
TOP 20 largest lakes in the world
1. Caspian sea – inland lake called the sea of salt water. Location: Azerbaijan/Russia/Kazakhstan/Turkmenistan/Iran area 394299 square kilometers the Length of 1199 km. the Maximum depth of 946 m.
2. Lake superior, USA and Canada, is part of the Great lakes system. the area of 82414 square kilometers with a Length of 616 km and a Maximum depth of 406 m.
3. Victoria, in Tanzania, Uganda 69485 square km, 322 km long, maximum depth of 82 m.
4 Huron, USA and Canada, the second in the Great lakes system 59596 sq km, 397 km long, maximum depth of 229 meters
5. Michigan also enters the Great lakes system 58016 sq km, 517 km long, maximum depth of 281 m.
6. The Aral sea, Kazakhstan-Uzbekistan 33800 sq. km, 428 km long, maximum depth of 68 m.
7. Tanganyika, Tanzania, Congo 32893 square miles, 676 km long, maximum depth of 1435 m. the Second deepest freshwater lake after lake Baikal, but the majority of it on the area.
8. Baikal, Russia 31500 sq. km, 636 km long, maximum depth of 1741 m – the deep, fresh water lake on the planet.
9. Great Continue reading
Balloon festival in the Azores, the mayor who plays the violin and sea adventures.
Azores — lost Paradise in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. Volcanic lakes, millions of shades of green, bright flowers, blue ocean, black basalt, it would seem that these Islands have enough colors.
Otherwise decided by the organizers of the first festival of balloons ” I Festival Rubis Gás Balões Ar Quente “. Five intense days, close my eyes, and it seems that it lasted a few weeks. Now everything in order.
Lisbon accompanied us on Azores bright sun… the island of são Miguel was met by pouring rain. The fog hid the mountains, and the beauty of the Northern part of the island. Gusty winds are deprived of any hope of opportunity in the action to see and experience a flight in a balloon.
However, accustomed to changeable weather locals drizzling rain did not scare. Night stadium place called Rabo do Peixe has gathered hundreds of onlookers. On the football field next slim lined basket (with no balls, because he was a strong gusty wind). The pilots made a real fire show.
Accompaniment to the madness of three elements, was mix from DJ Tojó and electronic violin, which is quite a virtuoso master of the mayor of the municipality Alexandre Gaudêncio .
The days of the festival for participants began at 6 o’clock on the old airfield Continue reading
Wanaka– the lake and the town near large settlements Queenstown (Queenstown), Otago, South island, New Zealand. The place is primarily known for its stunning mountain and lake scenery, as well as annual music festivals, during which in a small town stuffed to 5–7 thousand new Zealand music lovers.
Real estate near lake costs a lot of money, which, as a rule, are available from the older generation. In this regard, the city of party recreation has turned into a peaceful and cozy “the boarding house, which is considerably calmed violently once hitting the Creek subcultures. However, everything in order.
Unable to really move away from first wedding in Wellington. I and my new Zealand friend Cam went to the South island for the second festive event. This time he married a cousin of Cam, where the Cam saw hardly a couple of times in my life.
Having landed in Queenstown (Queenstown), we first took a pre-chartered a car and drove to Wanaka. Toyota Camry 2.2.
As I said earlier, Wanaka – a small settlement near the homonymous lake, which you can see in the photo below. Not deceived. The lake really is.
From this pier daily start boat trips on the lake for tourists.
And this Continue reading