In Algeria . not far from the town of Sidi-Bel-Abbes . there is a natural lake filled with ink. In the lake there are no fish, no plants, since toxic blue ink only applicable in order to write them! Until nedavneshnego time the people could not understand how the pond turned out to be such a special substance. The scientists conducting the proper research and analysis, concluded: it’s all in the composition of the water 2 samll rivers flowing into this mysterious lake. Some of them contains just a huge amount of dissolved iron salts in the other — various organic compounds located in the river valley peat bogs. Mingling together in the pit lake, the streams are interacting together, adding to the amazing amount of ink. The local inhabitants refer to this miracle in different ways: some consider it the devil’s delusion; others, on the contrary, benefit from it. Inks are not sold only in stores of Algeria, and in Africa, the Mediterranean countries, the middle East.
Peninsula Trinidad became famous only so that in its Central part, there is a genuine lake asphalt. Beautiful asphalt! In the lake, of course, come in and dip, and placed it in the crater of a former mud volcano, the depth of his… 90 meters (!) while the area Continue reading
Map of the Republic from the satellite. You can see a satellite map of Khakassia in the following modes: a map of Khakassia with the names of the objects, Khakassia, satellite map, geographical map of the Republic.
The Republic of Khakassia is a region in Russia, located in Eastern Siberia on the left Bank of the Yenisei river. The administrative center of the Republic – the city of Abakan.
The climate of Khakasia is sharply continental. The average temperature is cold, winter is -15 to -20 C. the Summer months are hot, with July temperatures of +17…+19 C. In mountainous areas the climate is harsher.
Magnificent nature and landscapes – the treasure and the pearl of Khakasia. Once in this part of Russia, you should definitely see its famous lakes, caves and mountain ranges.
The lake is one of the most picturesque places in Khakassia. They represent a complex of small lakes and waterfalls, creating a unique natural ensemble. The lakes are located in the area of glaciers, so there is almost always snow, and the terrain itself have long been loved skiers.
The cave, which in Khakassia there are about 160, another reason to be proud. The most famous cave of the Republic Continue reading
The rating of the largest lakes in the world according to size. The rating is based on the area occupied by the lake.
TOP 20 largest lakes in the world
1. Caspian sea – inland lake called the sea of salt water. Location: Azerbaijan/Russia/Kazakhstan/Turkmenistan/Iran area 394299 square kilometers the Length of 1199 km. the Maximum depth of 946 m.
2. Lake superior, USA and Canada, is part of the Great lakes system. the area of 82414 square kilometers with a Length of 616 km and a Maximum depth of 406 m.
3. Victoria, in Tanzania, Uganda 69485 square km, 322 km long, maximum depth of 82 m.
4 Huron, USA and Canada, the second in the Great lakes system 59596 sq km, 397 km long, maximum depth of 229 meters
5. Michigan also enters the Great lakes system 58016 sq km, 517 km long, maximum depth of 281 m.
6. The Aral sea, Kazakhstan-Uzbekistan 33800 sq. km, 428 km long, maximum depth of 68 m.
7. Tanganyika, Tanzania, Congo 32893 square miles, 676 km long, maximum depth of 1435 m. the Second deepest freshwater lake after lake Baikal, but the majority of it on the area.
8. Baikal, Russia 31500 sq. km, 636 km long, maximum depth of 1741 m – the deep, fresh water lake on the planet.
9. Great Continue reading