In Algeria . not far from the town of Sidi-Bel-Abbes . there is a natural lake filled with ink. In the lake there are no fish, no plants, since toxic blue ink only applicable in order to write them! Until nedavneshnego time the people could not understand how the pond turned out to be such a special substance. The scientists conducting the proper research and analysis, concluded: it’s all in the composition of the water 2 samll rivers flowing into this mysterious lake. Some of them contains just a huge amount of dissolved iron salts in the other — various organic compounds located in the river valley peat bogs. Mingling together in the pit lake, the streams are interacting together, adding to the amazing amount of ink. The local inhabitants refer to this miracle in different ways: some consider it the devil’s delusion; others, on the contrary, benefit from it. Inks are not sold only in stores of Algeria, and in Africa, the Mediterranean countries, the middle East.
Peninsula Trinidad became famous only so that in its Central part, there is a genuine lake asphalt. Beautiful asphalt! In the lake, of course, come in and dip, and placed it in the crater of a former mud volcano, the depth of his… 90 meters (!) while the area Continue reading
The rating of the largest lakes in the world according to size. The rating is based on the area occupied by the lake.
TOP 20 largest lakes in the world
1. Caspian sea – inland lake called the sea of salt water. Location: Azerbaijan/Russia/Kazakhstan/Turkmenistan/Iran area 394299 square kilometers the Length of 1199 km. the Maximum depth of 946 m.
2. Lake superior, USA and Canada, is part of the Great lakes system. the area of 82414 square kilometers with a Length of 616 km and a Maximum depth of 406 m.
3. Victoria, in Tanzania, Uganda 69485 square km, 322 km long, maximum depth of 82 m.
4 Huron, USA and Canada, the second in the Great lakes system 59596 sq km, 397 km long, maximum depth of 229 meters
5. Michigan also enters the Great lakes system 58016 sq km, 517 km long, maximum depth of 281 m.
6. The Aral sea, Kazakhstan-Uzbekistan 33800 sq. km, 428 km long, maximum depth of 68 m.
7. Tanganyika, Tanzania, Congo 32893 square miles, 676 km long, maximum depth of 1435 m. the Second deepest freshwater lake after lake Baikal, but the majority of it on the area.
8. Baikal, Russia 31500 sq. km, 636 km long, maximum depth of 1741 m – the deep, fresh water lake on the planet.
9. Great Continue reading
The surrounding world Lesson for elementary school: “the Amazing lakes of Russia”. Lesson-research.
-To develop memory, speech, imagination, observation;
To provide repetition of knowledge about lakes and their uniqueness; to continue to form General educational skills (book, map, diagram); to learn to establish a causal link;
To bring up careful attitude to the surrounding world, the ability to wonder and to look at familiar natural objects and phenomena in a new way, respect for themselves and others.
Presentation to the lesson: scheme of sewage and closed lakes, food lakes, lake, fresh and salt, lake use; environmental labels, a map, a drop of water in the form of a stencil, encyclopedias and reference books.
The course of the lesson:
1. Organizational moment.
Let’s create each other in a good mood. Smile, greet –
Listen to the true story. At a small bus station __________, 30 kilometres from
_______________ the girl lived. Favorite place in the village she had a small lake with clear water. It was located in a pine forest. Summer girl with her friends swam, sunbathed, cooked fragrant fish soup from carp, and in winter skated. It was the first, and therefore the best in the world. Continue reading